SHC is as resilient as the families it serves. We have adapted programs to stay connected and responsive to needs throughout the pandemic. Here are a few examples:
- Help for Your Family text alerts share important information with 90 families.
- The Homework Helpers Program provides remote tutoring support for school-aged children in refugee and immigrant families.
- The English Language Learner Program uses live instruction on Zoom, What’sApp voice, photo and text engagement and SHC teacher made videos to engage students.
- The new Pre-SHCool Program is online pre-school and Story time for SHC's youngest learners that meets weekdays.
- SHC partners with local health providers to provide COVID 19 information, resources and organize vaccine clinics for our community.
- The SHC Citizenship Preparation and Tutoring program prepares students for the naturalization process and provides connections to local legal services.
To donate by mail, please send your check to this address:
Solutions in Hometown Connections
4423 Lehigh Road, Suite 458
College Park, MD 20740